Tuesday, November 09, 2004

☆Kyudo☆, my forever dream and entertainment♪

Today, I am going to talk about Kyudo ( Japanese Archery). What do you peoople think of Kyudo? Well, I started Kyudo when I enrolled in the university. Do you remember the day when every club and circle trying hard to invite freshmen to join their club when we first went to this campus? As I was wandering around the campus alone, I was talked into going to Dojo watch how they practice Kyudo. I soon got interested in it because I was totally attracted by the cool dress of Kyudo ( Hakama and Dogi). Although the color they wear has only white and black, but it was enough to promopte me to start a complete NEW thing.

People may think Kyudo is no more than a traditional, Japanese Budo( martial art). But it also provides you with a great chance to develope your spirit, and patience. Of course when you shoot the bow aiming at the Mato( target), you should put all of your concentration at Mato. It gives you great joy when your bow( ya) hit the Mato. That's why there are so may people that can't help themselves stop Kyudo like me~

However, our bows don't always go straight into Mato. Every move is key point to decide which direction your bow will fly to. Kyudo doesn't only require the basic knowledge but also your high attention in every move. Sometimes it bothers me a lot because even I know what I am wrong in my technique, but once I want to correct it in real move, it always doesn't go smoothly for me. So a good posture is really important. For example, if you move your shoulders too up and your left elbow goes strange, you may probably hurt your own elbow by bow rubbing it. So I sometimes get bruised in my elbow. (-^-;) Hehe, so everybody just be carefull~~That do develpe your spiritu and patience, don't you think so? :-)

PS: Here is my club's URL. Please check it out~~

http://aguk.fc2web.com/


2 comments:

KIKI said...

Hi, Miki. This is Mari.
I've played Kyudo just ONCE. It was just a trial.
It was very difficult! My arrow just dropped in front of me. ha-ha.

Think to start new thing is good for yourself.
I play tennis, and that was new thing for me, and it's like I've got new hobby.
New things make us rich!

Anonymous said...

hi
how r u
My name is Faiza
and you seem very interesting...I live in America and I am from Pakistan...ummm and i love Japanese dramas which got me so interested in the country my is FSaleheen@yahoo.com
byeeee