Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday, May 2, 2005


050502_123939_M
Originally uploaded by mikifu.

Yesterday,at 3, I went to a friend's home. She called me to come to her home to have a BBQ Party the day before yesterday. She came back from her university to her home recently.


It was rainy and cloudy yesterday, so I wasn't in mood going out side. But well, because it IS a PROMISE, I had to go whatever the weather would be like. But NOW, I would say it was WORTH! Her home was near to the hospital, so I was able to visit there again to see Hanachan!! I haven't seen him for about twenty days if I count it. Honestly, I had never given a thought I would see him so soon. I just wanted to go to library and search some books at first. THEN tak a chance cuz I had no idea if i were lucky enough to meet him at hospital because that day was Sunday, he would possibly not be there. But I WAS ABLE to see him. I was so lucky! The staffs were all my acquaintances, who worked hard and helped me a lot when I was totally down because of illness. So I was able to behave myself and we had a ball. I was satisfied and made up my mind not to ask more.


A little bitter, but happy. I should cherish this time I have. Life is just like this.

Discussing Politics

After coming back home, I was surprised to find the shoes increased in front door. They had invited other friends while I and K was out. BBQ party's begun!

It was fun though we didn't know each other at first. Mother and her friend was busy with preparing dishes for us, chatting loudly. I liked harumaki best and rolling lots of food, like meat, vegetable and anything else into it. They were so triffic! I haven't eaten that chinese food for ages. After finishing dinner, mothers and fathers began talking about demonstration and some movement Japan's government should take against China. They constantly used the word "facing history as mirror" in a strict way being eloquently critical and eager. People here are really concerned about politics. I was a little shamed for myself because I didn't have enough knowledge about politics and history between the two country that much. So all I could do was keep silent and listen to their opinions which I think a little emotive and one-sidely. It is hard to avoid this phenomenon happen because the discussing people here are all from same background, all used to come here as an exchange student from their common nation. In this case, their children are mostly hard-studying and brilliant. Most of them did do well at school when they in thier motherland, so it wasn't that hard for them to master language and go to would-be prestige colleges in Japan. They would always feel sort of obligated to do better than their parents had done. They are tend to be young, clever, and adaptable especially when they were born in high educational background families.

Well, that may be so-called " Hungry Spirit" or..high expectation for prospects of their children. Bright future set by parents. .

6 comments:

Anthropax said...

Hi! Is the UK election making the news over there? Is there much feeling as to who should get in?

mikilan said...

Actually we have heard about this elction even in Japan, but it seems there isn't that much feelings in here. The train's outrail is making a big news everyday though.:-)

Anthropax said...

Yep. It's always a shame when something like this happens. Japan's transport is great, and something other countries should (if they don't) aspire to. What is the health system like? Is it provided by the state?

mikilan said...

Do you mean some system like health care? In my case,most of my medical bill is provided by the country. All I had to pay is 10 percent of it. Especially the patients who get really difficult illness.

Anthropax said...

Yep, in the uk (and most of europe) it's free, although we can afford it because NATO pays for defence, so we don't really have to. I love our social model, as it helps those in society who most need it

dave n said...

Anthropax, we do pay for our own defence.

We spend around the same as France and the other main European countries at around 2.8 to 3% of GDP. We have armed forces of more than 200,000. We also contribute to NATO, in addition.