Thursday, June 02, 2005

Thursday, June 2, 2005


050601_104326_M
Originally uploaded by mikifu.

Last weekend, I went to a tour for Universal Studio Japan ( USJ). It is in Osaka, so we spent a lot of time in bus. The tour was held by an Overseas Chinese in Japan Organization. So of course, all of the people in the bus are deeply related to China. Some of them are Chinese who were born and brought up in China that have come to Japan as exchanged students, some are those who were born in Japan ( maybe the second generation). Of course there are also some Japanese peole who simply like China. I made friend with a Japanese boy who used to study in Fuchow Universtiy( that's in my hometown in motherland) several years ago. So he speaks fluent Chinese, better than my mom's Japanese(-:

The president of the organization was also on the bus too. He is one of the close friends of both my dad and mom. He is the headmaster of Chinese in Okayama prefecture, a really big person. According to his speech, he is second generation Chinese so he almost doesn't speak Chinese. Or I should say I haven't heard he speaks Chinese. His father came to Japan in a really insecure era, the age before New China was built. That time was the darkest days in China, people are poor and can't have a full meal. Overseas Chinese are those who go to Southeast Asia countries or Japan to rear their families left in China alone. His father was one of them. In thoese days, Japanese people wore only Kimono, so we can see Japan was not that rich too then. All Chinese could do in Japan was mostly classified into three kinds of jobs involved with " swords". One is cook in Chinese Restaurant, second is mercer with scissors, and finally is barber. Therefore their jobs were quite limited in Japan. Their life in Japan was never easy. Their children might be bullied because they were Chinese, literally caused by discrimination. The president had that similar experience that had been thrown by stones.

Afterward, the president spoke a lot more stories of his and the history of the relationship with Japan and China, and the purpose of this organization. I think he is a complete patriot because he know the history and represent it. He wants us to unite and help each other. Nobody would protect our rights but OUESELVES. His words impressed me a lot and reminded me of my identity. I was born in a truely happy time without knowing pain. History seemed nothing to me. I thought I had nothing to them, but now I know I was wrong. History is a mirror. Past and present is together.We should not forget it.

4 comments:

dave n said...

Hi Miki. I was wondering, how much freedom do people have in China, in your experience? It can be made better can't it? How long did you live there?

xxx dave

dave n said...

Hi Miki (-: Why aren't you updating here very often? For me, I can't read your msn blog, since it is in japanese or chinese. So I can only keep in touch with you here.

mikilan said...

Hi, Dave.
I have been really busy with learning driving these days.
Every day I come back home late, and I am too sleepy to get online.
Maybe this weekend I would upload my homepage, so please wait~~:0)

dave n said...

It's okay, I was really happy to talk with you on msn. Talking lets us know eachother more truly than just reading the blog.