Monday, July 18, 2005

Monday, July 18, 2005


It is sweltering hot today. And now I'm listening to CD at my room with air condition turned on.

Last night, I went to Tsutaya ( a vedio rental shop) and rented some CDs back home. The whole CDs I have rented was TV series <攻殻機動隊, Mobile Armoured Riot Police: STAND ALONE COMPLEX> from Manga written by Masamune Shirow. I saw the anime films < Innocence> and < Ghost in the Shell> within last two weeks. They were such perfect and i was totally absorbed in the story of them. The story was set in 2032, the future Japan, a highly artificial society. " Cyborg" and " Android" are living together with human beings. As network technology has developed fast, the defference between" nature" and " nerture" have gotten vuguer and vaguer. People are being replaced by the virtu they have made. According to the wikipedia, the director Mamoru Oshii says in The Japan Times interview, that "I'm happier if 10,000 people see the film 10 times each than if 1 million people see it once. I'm not making it for the general public, but for a core group of fans -- ..." I think I can understand what he really means. The anime films he has made were the last ones that would get their meaning accross to the audiences only by watching them once. The whole story was totally full of philosophy, some difficult words were frequently spoken by the characters. I put in loads of time to figure out what on earth the words meant . Some of them were truely above my head.(-:

I've found some quotations used in < Innocence> , you can check it out and have a see~

http://freett.com/iu/innocence/quote.html

PS: the picture above is a main character called " Batow". I really go for him.(-: beneath his cool appearace, he is a real hot-blooded person who always cares for his best partner, Kusanagi Motoko, the major of 9 section, heroine who disappears to the network world in < Ghost in the Shell>.

3 comments:

dave n said...

I don't watch animes very often, but I really appreciate when cartoon makers put as much effort and depth into a story, as if it was a real film. One of my favourite tv series: Mysterious Cities of Gold, is in anime style (I think.. if anime is what I think it is), japanese style.

kisses

mikilan said...

Hi, I haven't heard of < Mysterious Cities of Gold> before. I think it was made between Japan and France. There are lots of good animes in Japan, like Giburi and Production I.G. You could try some of their productions.(-:

dave n said...

Thanks xxx Yes, it was french-japanese production, made in 1986. And then translated all over the world. (I had no idea how many countries it was shown in, until I found this: ..so many fans!)

fans comments
http://mcog.bkernst.net/fanslist_0201_0250.html

description
http://mcog.bkernst.net/