Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A visit to Kyoto

Last weekend, I went to Kyoto to visit Kiyomi and Rakdy.
I have promised them when they came to see me in the hospital that I would someday come to see them.
So I just kept my word and went to Kyoto before they finish their one-year exchage student life in Japan and come back to California this Friday.
It was my first time to go to Kyoto. Unlike my hometown, Okayama, there are always loads of people there. Especially Kyoto's most famous tourist atractions, the temples attracted visitors from all over the world. The senery in Kiyomizu Temple was beautiful and really attarctive. We could also see Maiko ( the dancers dressed in traditonal Japanese Kimono) walk around the street.

I'm paddling.


We come to Arashiyama

Maiko walking the path.


Actually after hearing from Kiyomi, those women wearing in Kimono were not necessarily the Maigo or Geisya. They walked around the street just for the visitors' sake who want to take some pictures. No matter what, I was lucky enough to be able to see them. (-:

Next day, we went to Arashiyama and paddled a boat walking to the mountain road. It remanded lots of physical strength. We were all tired but all had a fun. I haven't done such a tough sports for a long time so now I have an ache in my muscles in my legs and arms. Hehe, I think I should haven take a rest at home for a while~ :-)

2 comments:

Anthropax said...

I almost got funding to come to Japan over the New Year, but didn't in the end, although I would love to go some time in the future. I've got family in Nagoya, so I could stay with them for a bit.

mikilan said...

Hi, so long no see you! How R U? So good your family in Nagoya! You are totally in time to see expo in Aichi Japan! I'm planning to visit Nagoya in Sepetember. I hope I can see you then!