Monday, March 21, 2005

Monday, March 21, 2005


Three Straight Holidays

All the nation people have three straight holidays from last Saturday to this Monday. And here, the hospital is not exception.

This morning, as soon as I wake up, I was told to wait for a while untill my doctor ( we call him Hana-chan) come take my blood for a sample. I was a bit surprised to hear that at first because as we know, taking blood is generally the job of nurses. Despite of that unexpecting news, I cheered yes! in my heart for being given a chance to have a talk with Hana-chan.

However, twenty minutes past 8, I didn't catch the sight of Hana-chan. I was kind of suspicious because I know blood-taking is to be done before breakfast which is prepared at 8. Breakfast time is come, but Hana-chan still didn't appear. Finally I pushed nurse call and asked if I could eat my breakfast. Then I got to know that he hasn't come to the stuff station yet. Which hit it at home that it is holiday today so there are not enough nurses. Doctors are also allowed not to work today. What is more, judging from my experience here, earlist,doctors would not come to work before 8 but for emergency. Well, of course Hana-chan did come and take blood before I have lunch time. Anyway, I was happy to see him and we had a ball.

Sometimes, when I see stuffs ( doctors, nurses or cleaners) come to hospital and do their jobs at the same place and do same things every day, I can't help wondering if they don't feel dull for their job. How many people do really find meaning as to their work? They are all busy around and they all seem not to have their own times. At least in my case, I want freedom even when I was graduate and go to the society and work.

No comments: